Thursday, August 21, 2008

Daniel Snyder doesn't micromanage -- so he says

Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder told the Wall Street Journal that he doesn't micromanage the Redskins. Here's his take:
    I'm not in any of the coaching meetings. I never have been. I don't watch film with the coaches. I let the scouts scout and the coaches coach. What I try to do is help get the deals on the business side done. After the scouts and coaches come up with the grades, for example, on free agency, I'm the one that's eager to go sign the player and negotiate the contracts with their agents. When it comes to, 'OK, this is the player we really would like to have,' then I'm going to help with the help of the salary-cap people to make that work.
Snyder answers a hose of questions posed by the WSJ.

No comments: