Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Unlike Favre, Strahan says no to return

ESPN's Matt Mosley attributed the following quotes to Michael Strahan, who has decided not to return to the New York Giants after Osi Umenyiora's injury.
    "This has been one of the toughest nights of my life," Strahan said from Greece. "But after long deliberation and throwing around a million scenarios in my head for the past day, I think it's just best if I stay retired.

    "I have gone back and forth on this because as a player you'll always want to play, you'll never lose that urge to be out there. But I could only do this if I could commit 100 percent, physically, mentally, emotionally and I can't do that. I've tried to convince myself and my body to give it one more year, but in the end I just don't think I could turn it on like I need to again."
Here's ESPN's John Clayton on Strahan's decision to stay retired.

No comments: