Saturday, August 16, 2008

Jamal Lewis pulls a Carson Palmer -- only a lot nicer

Jamal Lewis apparently learned from Carson Palmer's mistakes.

A few weeks ago, Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer, a former USC quarterback, ripped Ohio State fans. Of the Ohio State football program, he said, "It's amazing to hear what those guys think about that university and what they think about that football program and (Ohio State coach Jim) Tressel and all the crap I gotta put up with being back there. I just can't wait for two years from now when SC comes to the 'Shoe and I get to hopefully, hopefully we'll have a home game that weekend and I can go up there and watch us pound on them in their own turf and kind of put all the talk to rest."

In a recent interview by Palestra.net, Cleveland Browns running back Jamal Lewis, a former Tennessee Volunteer star, said the Southeastern Conference was the best. "By far," Lewis said. Better than the Big Ten. Unlike Palmer, Lewis admitted that Browns fans are from the Midwest, so sure they think the Big Ten is the best. He does admit he rooted for Florida and LSU when the two teams faced the Buckeyes in the national title games. But, unlike Palmer, he says it in a nice way.

Palmer later had to recant, sort of, and issued this statement: "I really do respect the Buckeyes, and I know their fans are passionate, too. I hope they all understand I'm just looking forward to a big game for my school against a very tough opponent, and that it's all in the good fun of a rivalry. You don't have a real rivalry unless both sides are great teams."

Lewis may be proud of the Volunteers and the SEC, but Lewis will not sing "Rocky Top," though.

No comments: