Wednesday, July 2, 2008

News of the day

  • Former Detriot Lions coach Steve Mariucci on his former boss: "Matt Millen has changed 58 coaches already, and he's now finally changing players." One word: Ouch. What I would find really interesting is if the 58 coaches is the right number. When I first read the quote, I figured that he just threw a number (like 58) out there. Then I started to wonder whether that was the true number. That would say a lot about Mariucci's dislike for Millen -- if that wasn't already clear by the quote.
  • This A-Rod swings and misses: Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers says: "I love playing in Green Bay. I love the city of Green Bay." Not much of a story, until you realize what he says in a Sports Illustrated story hitting your mailbox this week: "I don't feel I need to sell myself to the fans. They need to get on board now or keep their mouths shut." Can someone get a quote from Peter King and see if he or Brett Favre wish to respond?
  • The Associated Press reports: "Offensive lineman Demetrius Bell, the first of the Buffalo Bills' three seventh-round picks and estranged son of former NBA star Karl Malone, signed with Buffalo on Tuesday." Bell is listed at 6-foot-5 and 303 pounds.
  • No comments: