Starting today I am gonna post links to The Zone Blitz's top 10 entries during the past week. Hope to do this every Thursday (or so). This is also a P.R. move so you will realize that maybe you should bookmark this site as one of your favorites. Or if you have a blog, you should place this site on your blogroll. This blog is a work in progress. I like to think I get at least 10 worthy entries a week. As some of you regular readers know, this isn't normally a hard news site when it comes to the NFL. At the top of this site I state that The Zone Blitz provides NFL info that is a bit left of center. This site is 75-percent NFL, 25-percent all else. Here goes, in no order:
1. Nina Reyes finds herself in The Big Picture. The Big Picture interviews a Playboy model (at right), and we smartly link to it.
2. Tom Brady shops as Rome, er, New England burns.Tom Brady shopped while his teammates were pounded by the Miami Dolphins.
3. NFL: Everyday is like Sunday. The NFL is using Morrissey's song "Everyday is like Sunday" in a commercial. Wonder if they know all the lyrics?
4. NFL's Week 9 will decide America's future: Obama or McCain. If the Redskins win their final home game before the election, the incumbent party wins the election. If the Redskins lose, the party out of power wins the White House. Fairly simple. The Pittsburgh Steelers are at Washington, Nov 3, 2008 -- the day before the election. This system has picked the winner of each election since 1940. Well, except for 2004, when the streak was broken.
5. Biden kids: 'Daddy, Rocky Bleier brought it for me.' A nice story told by Joe Biden where he tears up while in Pittsburgh area. I had it posted before most (excluding the local Pittsburgh media) while the national media ignored it for a day or so.
6. Michael Phelps hits nail on the head: Dan Le Batard's an idiot. Self explanatory.
7. Man's best friend (a dog) correctly picks Steelers over Ravens. Short video clip of a dog picking the Steelers to beat the Ravens. We heart stupid stuff at The Zone Blitz.
8. Conventional wisdom beats Baltimore Ravens on MNF. My opinion that the Baltimore Ravens should have kicked off to the Steelers after winning the coin toss in overtime. The Ravens gave into conventional wisdom.
9. Hey, Commissioner Roger Goodell, what's in your wallet? It's a short stupid video of Goodell showing us what's in his wallet.
10. Jim Zorn goes retro! Three cheers for the Redskins. Washington Redskins head coach Jim Zorn does his best imitation of the Redskins' greatest coach ever -- George Allen. Someone questioned why I called Allen the greatest Redskins coach over Joe Gibbs. You're right. Maybe I should have said my favorite Redskins coach.